While popular tourist destinations like London and Edinburgh often steal the limelight, there’s a plethora of local group travel options waiting to be discovered. Whether you’re planning a weekend getaway or a longer adventure, exploring the hidden gems of the UK with a group can offer unique experiences and create lasting memories. If you travel to a well-known tourist hotspot of venture beyond the typical routes, you can book group travel by bus for small and large groups with Volubus, throughout the United Kingdom and Europe.
- The Cotswolds: Nestled in the heart of England, the Cotswolds is a picturesque region renowned for its idyllic countryside, honey-colored stone villages, and rolling hills. Gather your group and embark on leisurely walks through quaint towns like Bourton-on-the-Water, Bibury, and Castle Combe. Immerse yourself in the timeless charm of the area, explore historic landmarks, and indulge in the region’s delightful culinary offerings. The Cotswolds is an ideal destination for nature lovers, history enthusiasts, and those seeking a tranquil escape from the bustling cities.
- The Lake District: For outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers, the Lake District in northwest England is a must-visit destination. With its stunning lakes, rugged mountains, and enchanting forests, this UNESCO World Heritage Site offers endless opportunities for group exploration. Embark on scenic hikes, boat rides, or simply relax amidst breathtaking landscapes. Don’t miss the chance to visit charming towns like Ambleside, Keswick, and Windermere, where you can immerse yourself in local culture and enjoy hearty meals at traditional pubs.
- The Scottish Highlands: Venture north and discover the untamed beauty of the Scottish Highlands. Gather your group and embark on a journey through majestic landscapes characterised by misty lochs, ancient castles, and sweeping glens. Explore the historic city of Inverness, go monster spotting in Loch Ness, or hike through the dramatic peaks of Glen Coe. For a unique experience, consider booking a traditional Highland Games activity where you can participate in Scottish traditions and try your hand at activities like tossing the caber or throwing the hammer.
- The Jurassic Coast: On the southern coast of England, the Jurassic Coast awaits with its fascinating geological wonders and stunning coastline. Gather your group and embark on a fossil-hunting adventure along the cliffs and beaches of Dorset and East Devon. Explore charming coastal towns like Lyme Regis and Swanage, and learn about the region’s prehistoric past at the numerous museums and visitor centres. The Jurassic Coast offers an educational and immersive experience for group travellers of all ages.
- The Northern Ireland Causeway Coast: Cross over to Northern Ireland and discover the rugged beauty of the Causeway Coast. Marvel at the iconic Giant’s Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its hexagonal basalt columns. Take a leisurely drive along the coastal route, stopping at picturesque locations such as Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Dunluce Castle, and the charming town of Portrush. Adventure enthusiasts in the group can even try their hand at water sports, including surfing and paddleboarding, along the coast.
There are an array of local group travel options for every taste throughout the UK. From the quaint villages of the Cotswolds to the untamed beauty of the Scottish Highlands and the geological wonders of the Jurassic Coast, these destinations provide unique experiences and opportunities to create cherished memories with your fellow travellers. Gather your group, step off the beaten path, and uncover the captivating landscapes and rich cultural heritage that the UK has to offer.